CPA, Director of Client Services
Brent Boutwell brings a unique combination of experience with over 10 years in both public accounting and in building a business in the developing world.
With a background in financial statement accounting and auditing, Brent conducts financial analysis on forensic accounting and damages cases. His work on commercial litigation matters most often involves lost profits, shareholder disputes and international business challenges. He also plays a key role on our team by performing quality review and in monitoring of process controls.
Brent is passionate about justice and meaningful work to help people come to an agreement. He is good at getting to the root of a complex problem and finding the sticking point. Brent serves as the neutral voice, pointing out the noise versus the real issues at play.
Given his prior experience at global accounting firms, Brent is familiar with best practices in a variety of industries. He developed skills in project management, compensation systems, internal controls and process mapping. Brent also brings cross-cultural management skills having lived overseas while running a new business in Uganda.
Chief Operations Officer – Sseko Designs, Inc. (2011 – 2020)
- Built manufacturing facility in Uganda hiring and overseeing a team of 60 employees; managed employees in Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, and the U.S.
- Corporate Secretary responsible for consolidated financial statements
Senior Associate – KPMG, LLP (2008 – 2011)
- Financial statement audits and controls testing for private and public companies with revenues ranging from $350,000 to $760 million
- Reporting for executive and stock-based compensation,
alternative investments, and a variety of disclosure requirements
Professional Credentials & Education
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Oregon
- Master of Public Accountancy, Mississippi State University
- Bachelor of Public Accountancy, Mississippi State University
- Mississippi CPA Board – Gold Medal recipient for highest CPA exam score
- Mississippi CPA Board – Most Outstanding Graduate Student Outstanding Member
Professional & Community Leadership
- IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program
- Human Rights in Childbirth, Former Treasurer
- Uganda Investment Authority speaker “Strengthening Small and Medium Enterprises”