Job Opening: Forensic Accountant
We’re entering our 20th year in business, and we’re growing! We are looking for a mid-level forensic accountant to join our highly skilled team of independent CPAs and experts. Our mission is to seek truth and justice by solving financial puzzles and telling a powerful story with numbers. If you thrive on challenging projects and want a leadership role with a truly special team, this may be the opportunity for you.
About Morones Analytics
Morones Analytics is a Portland-based forensic accounting firm specializing in damages analysis, fraud investigation and business valuation. Top litigators and many of the Northwest’s largest law firms have trusted us again and again to answer the toughest financial questions and deliver results on high-stakes legal disputes. Clients tell us they turn to us because our credibility and reputation are unmatched.
Our go-to team of eight financial experts brings a mighty combination of expertise. Having worked at top global accounting firms, in-house with major corporations and as business owners, we apply decades of specialized experience and diverse talents to each case, and our work leads to expert testimony in court.
The Forensic Accountant (Manager or Director level) will lead case analyses in support of the testifying expert and is responsible for delegating work to more junior team members. You will manage complex litigation assignments, including:
- conducting accounting and fraud investigations
- analyzing lost profits
- evaluating and distilling large amounts of data and information
- supporting business valuation projects
You will get to:
- learn and apply our internally developed best practices that help everyone on our team become a testifying expert
- grow your professional capabilities by obtaining specialty credentials
- receive professional mentoring in addition to constructive feedback through annual performance reviews
Desired Skills and Experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), preferably with specialized credentials or experience in forensic accounting
- 5-12 years of professional experience (Manager or Director level)
- Audit or controller/CFO background a plus
- Advanced data analysis skills
- Strong report writing skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience performing business valuation assignments a plus
- Willingness to learn to testify in court
Why join us?
We have a unique firm culture of work/life flexibility so that we have more time to enjoy our families, friends and all that the beautiful Pacific Northwest has to offer.
- Highly competitive salary above the industry average without unreasonable billable hour requirements
- Flexible work-at-home or in our downtown Portland office arrangement that supports balance of work and personal life. Candidate does not need to be located in Portland. Some home office expenses are covered.
- Interesting casework with top litigators in the Pacific Northwest
- A collaborative team with top-level talent where everyone holds themselves and the firm to the highest of standards
- Entrepreneurial environment with professional development opportunities and resources
- Anniversary program with financial benefits
- Health insurance
- 401K (matching)
- Life/disability insurance
Email resume to [email protected] to apply.