CPA, CFE, CFF
Kevin Marold is dedicated to the pursuit of justice. He brings 12+ years of professional accounting experience at global accounting firms and in-house with a large corporation.
Kevin’s collective experience makes him a valued expert on forensic accounting investigations and damages analysis for litigation. He works with commercial litigators, Oregon DOJ lawyers, family law attorneys and corporations to solve financial puzzles that help resolve disputes.
Determined to find that needle in the haystack, Kevin enjoys the detective work to uncover any red flags or potential issues. He is ready to ask the tough questions and dig into the details, all while keeping the big picture in mind. Kevin is effective at expressing opinions and conclusions, and at collaborating with others to deliver results.
Prior to joining Morones Analytics, Kevin was a foundational member within Nike’s global accounting team in Beaverton, Oregon, managing financial accounting and controls for product creation and distribution. He developed solutions to put accounting systems and processes on the right track. Previously, he worked as an external auditor with Deloitte & Touche in Detroit, Michigan and Grant Thornton in Portland, Oregon.
Selected Litigation Case History
- Analyzed lost profits resulting from the purchase of a residential investment property based on inaccurate information provided by a real estate agent. After reviewing our damages analysis with counsel for claimants, the parties successfully reached a settlement during mediation.
- Prepared and analyzed suspected fraud and identify theft involving misappropriation of client personal injury proceeds by a shareholder of a private law firm
- Analyzed damages related to a shareholder dispute involving a farm and processing plant
- Analyzed damages relating to a lawsuit involving a Coordinated Care Organization and a government entity
- Prepared a presentation of financial trends for a hearing on motions for a preliminary injunction using QuickBooks accounting records
- Analyzed damages relating to false advertising claims by a coalition of 50 States against an international, automotive manufacturer
- Assisted with the preparation and review of various federal and state reports relating to claims of patent infringement
- Analyzed marital assets within several dissolution of marriage cases to estimate fair value and potential misuse of personal and business assets. Estimated outstanding personal income tax liabilities.
- Prepared damage analysis of claimed wrongful termination by a medical doctor against a medical center
Professional Credentials & Education
- Certified Public Accountant, Oregon (CPA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), American Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF), The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Bachelor of Arts in Accounting, Michigan State University
- Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Oregon Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Board Member
- Portland Farmers Market, Finance Committee Member, past Treasurer and Board Member
- Rotary Club, International Service Committee Member
- Presenter for education course on analyzing financial reports through the Oregon Paralegal Association
- [email protected]