Clients tell us our credibility and reputation are unmatched.
Attorneys have trusted us again and again to deliver results when they need them the most to resolve highly complex disputes.
As specialized experts on a mission to move people past conflict, we put the financial pieces of the puzzle together and help reveal the best ways forward.
Damage Opinions | Forensic Accounting | Business Valuations
- Shannon Armstrong, Litigation Partner, Holland & Knight LLPSerena's team brings strong analytical skills and a high level of excellence from top to bottom. She is thoughtful and prepared and willing to ask the tough questions to provide her input. Serena also has a way of connecting with our clients and is a valuable member of our team on every case she touches.
- Susan Marmaduke, Litigation and Appellate Partner, Harrang Long Gary Rudnick P.C.Serena is an excellent expert witness. Her thoroughness and professional integrity, as well as her clear communication style, make her very credible. On top of that, she is a pleasure to work with. She bears up very well under the pressures of litigation, maintaining her equanimity, clarity of thought, and sense of humor. Serena always comes through.
- David Markowitz, Litigation/Trial Lawyer, Markowitz Herbold PCWe have a long-standing relationship with Serena's team and have brought them in as independent financial experts on landmark cases for many years. We continue to work with them because of the exceptional quality of work and value they deliver.
- Joseph Arellano, Litigator, Portland Office Managing Director (Retired), Foster Garvey PCI have relied on Serena and her top-notch team for two decades on a variety of cases that ranged from the super complex to the straightforward. This is a highly capable, diligent and hard-working group of experts who have earned a strong reputation and are highly respected for their integrity and credibility. They take the time to really understand your needs, calibrate their level of involvement depending on your preference, and then deliver high quality work product. You know you’re in good hands when they are on your case.
- Joseph Arellano, Litigator, Portland Office Managing Director (Retired), Foster Garvey PCSerena is a trustworthy teacher and professional. She has been my go-to expert for trial testimony and a key to success in court. I would engage her as early as possible to get the full benefit of her expertise and sound thinking so I could advise my clients on best next steps. She looks at a case in the most practical way that doesn’t require a big expense and understands different needs depending on case size and budget.
We specialize in
We quantify business lost profits resulting from allegations of harm, such as claims for breach of contract.
We quantity damages resulting from allegations of patent and trademark infringement, as well as claims of false advertising and interference with economic relations.
We calculate lost wages and benefits resulting from allegations of wrongful termination. We also determine economic loss resulting from wrongful death.
We conduct accounting investigations involving allegations of financial malfeasance. Many of our business valuation projects include reconstruction of financial statements and identifying personal expenses. We also conduct fraud investigations, including allegations of employee embezzlement.
Many of our litigation projects include analysis of large, complex data sets. We employ data analytics skills to assist with development of the liability case and to quantify damages.
We conduct business appraisals for litigation, estate planning, transactions and other purposes. We offer low scope calculations letters, as well as a more extensive option of a full appraisal report.