CPA, CFE, CFF, ABV
Jennifer Murphy provides expert services in financial damage analysis, forensic accounting, fraud investigation and business valuation with the firm Morones Analytics, LLC. As the Managing Director of Morones Analytics, she leads the firm’s quality control review processes. Ms. Murphy also serves as Morones Analytics’ primary expert in the areas of data analytics and lost earnings damage analysis. Ms. Murphy has over twenty years of professional accounting experience. She previously worked for the global expert services firm LECG. At LECG, Ms. Murphy served as a Principal in the national forensic accounting practice and worked on a number of large accounting investigations and litigation matters. Ms. Murphy testifies in support of her opinions.
Professional Credentials and Education
- Certified Public Accountant, Oregon
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF), American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV), American Institute of CPAs
- Bachelor of Science in Financial Accounting, Illinois State University
- Damage analysis for litigation matters
- Lost earnings damage analysis related to wrongful termination, personal injury or wrongful death
- Forensic accounting
- Fraud investigations
- Data analytics
- Business valuation
Selected Professional Engagements
- Managed a team that performed a forensic accounting analysis substantiating over $12 billion in accounting falsifications at an international company.
- Conducted data analytics on voluminous employee time records for a wage and hour employee class action, calculating damages for settlement purposes.
- Analyzed lost earnings damages for various matters involving wrongful termination, personal injury or wrongful death. Provided expert testimony in jury trials in several of these matters.
- Performed a forensic accounting analysis to assess potential fraud and self-dealing by the acting Chief Financial Officer of a closely held business and provided related testimony in a bench trial.
- Prepared federal expert reports for numerous matters involving allegations of breach of contract or intellectual property damages.
- Performed fraud investigations on matters involving allegations of employee fraud and embezzlement.
- Performed a forensic accounting analysis to assess alleged fraud and misappropriation of funds by an employee of a government funded entity.
- Investigated the mortgage loan program at a bank for potential incidence of fraud by any party to the loan transactions.
- Oregon Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Oregon Chapter of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners